Wednesday, January 14, 2015

CCM Week 1- What a week!

What a week! I have to say, the first 48 hours were pretty rough. No one slept the first night, and the next day lasted an eternity. However, I am now having an excellent time here! The Spanish is coming along pretty well for me, I am one of the better ones in my district. We have been teaching an investigator about 3 times now, it has been pretty cool to just teach in Spanish. It is amazing how the Spirit can just put words in my mouth. 

My companion, who is going to Comayaguela as well, Elder Esser is from Phoenix, and he is really really good at basketball. He has hops and can dunk all the time. He almost made the BYU basketball team, and he went to BYU for about a year and half before now. We work pretty well, I think we are the most obedient in our district. The hardest part here is getting up at 630 everyday. But after eating breakfast I am fine. Also, the food here is suspect. It is all like Mexican stuff or something, and I usually have no idea what in the crap I am eating. They do have a very wide selection of juice here. So I've got that going for me, which is good. Haha anyways, my district is pretty hilarious, I laugh a bunch everyday. The two other Elders in our little room are Elder Bate and Elder Jennnings. They are both so funny, because they always fight over stupid little crap like jack and cole would. They are going to San Pedro Sula west mission. There are two other elders in our district that are going to Comayaguela, Elder Jensen and Elder Hernandez. Elder Jensen is my favorite! he makes me laugh all the time, and he swam in high school as well. In the whole CCM, there are about 10 of us going to Honduras, and then a couple hundred are going back to the states, and then another couple hundred are serving in mexico, so we are pretty unique. 

Almost everyday we have gym time, that is when we play basketball and Elder Esser tears it up on the court. I'm really bummed that BYU lost to Pepperdine! Man I miss sports. Basically Sundays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays are the best days here, because Sundays are super chill, and we have a devotional on Tuesdays. Also, we are getting a new MTC president next week, and rumor has it that an apostle will come with him. So we are excited about that. 

The ccm here is beautiful, and they have their own water and we can flush the toilet paper down the toilet. Our morning teachers in the day are pretty sweet, they teach Spanish well. A couple of elders in my district have really been struggling with homesickness and the language, so it has been rough for them. Another elder almost got sent home because of a worthiness issue, but he got to stay.  

The weather is pretty nice here, the temperature is perfect. We can totally hear gunshots at night, and all of the houses around the ccm are just shacks. its nuts. I've learned so much already, I cant wait to go to Honduras already. Feeling the Spirit this much all of the time is amazing, and it teaches me so much.
Anyways, hopefully we can figure out how to do laundry today, I only have like 3 shirts, so having gym time everyday kinda gets them pretty nasty.

Love,
Elder Wagner

Elder Riley Wagner at the CCM


Elder Esser and Elder Wagner


Elder Wagner

 
Elder Jensen and Elder Wagner